How do you keep clusters running....

Jim Fraser fraser5 at cox.net
Wed Apr 3 13:37:56 PST 2002

Sounds to me like you have a heat problem.  dual ultra thin's generally run
pretty hot.
good luck with it.  There is just no room for any serious air to move thru
that case.  The fan diameter is so small that they require ridiculous rpms
to move the needed volume making them noisy and prone to fail, add to that
the high heat and you accelerate the mtbf to tomorrow.  Most fans fail
quickly in high heat conditions.
I think the basic rack design concept while rugged and strong is
fundamentally flawed and over priced.  I would invest in a serious rack fan
that moves major air out of that case somehow.
good luck with it.

jim