auto-restart

Qiang Cui cui at chem.wisc.edu
Sat Sep 15 10:40:21 PDT 2001

Hi, folks

        I have been encountering a strange situation - my new Linux box
has been rebooting itself spontaneously rather randomly. I thought it's
related to some strange cron jobs, but it still happens after I disabled
cron. Sometimes it happens during a Netscape session, sometimes it just
happens without any CPU-intensive jobs running....

        Any suggestions? Could this be related to a hardware problem, or
some bug/security feature related to Redhat 7.1? Where do I even begin to
solve this problem?

        Thanks!

Qiang Cui
Assistant Professor of Chemistry