LSI PCI-X Fibre Channel Host Adapters?

Patrick Geoffray patrick at myri.com
Tue Sep 25 12:57:53 PDT 2001

Brian wrote:

> > If a such NIC would ever exist, the expected improvement would be
> > close to Greg's guess.
>
>   If such a NIC were to ever possibly exist, would we be able to speculate
> on the possible time-frame for it's introduction (and requirements)?  All
> purely hypothetical guesses, of course, since such a NIC might, in fact,
> never exist.  Riiiight.

Right :-)

For all products, it's always a bad idea to speculate on the
time-frame before production is ready to go.

I don't know if you are looking to delay your choice waiting
for a such hypothetical product, but if Myricom decide to go
PCI-X, it would definitely not be in 2001.

Patrick

PS: I would be very carefull about early PCI-X motherboards.
It's not easy to make a good PCI-X chipset (it's not easy
to make a good PCI chipset today), and the learning curve will
be steep for the vendors.

|   Patrick Geoffray, Ph.D.      patrick at myri.com         |
|   Myricom, Inc.                http://www.myri.com      |
|   Cell: 865-389-8852           685 Emory Valley Rd (B)  |
|   Fax:  865-425-0978           Oak Ridge, TN 37830      |