PGI and HPL benchmarking

Daniel Kidger Daniel.Kidger at quadrics.com
Mon Sep 17 10:18:40 PDT 2001

Marc wrote:

>I am trying to compile the High Performance Computing Linpack Benchmark
(HPL)
>software on a cluster that has Portland (PGI) 3.2
>compiler. The PGI compiler installs it's own BLAS routines so I would like
to use
>those. I modify  one of the make files, such as, Make.Linux_PII_FBLAS but
still
>get errors during the compile. Has anyone successfully built and run this
>benchmark with PGI
>compilers.

You do not say why you want to use PGI's BLAS ?

Check out
http://computational-battery.org/Programvare/blas-lib-comparison.html

Their results show that Portland's BLAS implementation trails a long way
behind ATLAS and Intel's MKL.

Daniel.

Dr. Dan Kidger, Quadrics Ltd.      daniel.kidger at quadrics.com
One Bridewell St., Bristol, BS1 2AA, UK         0117 907 5375