"Small" motherboards for diskless nodes

Anuradha Ratnaweera anuradha at gnu.org
Sun Sep 9 22:58:03 PDT 2001

Hi,

I have gone through the archives to find an answer to this question, but didn't
come across something very relevent.

We are looking for "mini" motherboards to build a 32 node cluster. Ideally,
they should not have PCI/AGP expansion slots and onboard sound. But they should
have onboard NIC (100 Mbps) and video. Also we will not be using the FDD and IDE
controllers. Netwoking booting is necessary.

We would probably go for Pentium II or III chips. Is there a significant difference
between them and Celeron (and AMD perhaps)?

Thanks in advance.

Regards and greetings,

Anuradha

--
Debian GNU/Linux (kernel 2.4.9)

A light wife doth make a heavy husband.
		-- Wm. Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"