[PBS-USERS] Re: Any experience with SCore?

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Tue Oct 30 00:17:45 PST 2001

"Eray Ozkural (exa)" wrote:
> Well, this seems to be a dream come true for our humble 100BaseTX (EEPRO 100)
> over Super Stack II 3900 interconnect. :)
>
> 100 microseconds round-trip latency is so good.

Yes, that's nice for many application codes.  We even achieved slightly
better latency (86 microseconds latency over MPI) 2 years ago on
our Compaq Alpha cluster, see
   http://www.fysik.dtu.dk/CAMP/valhal.html#netperf

I wonder what the latest PC boards will achieve today ?

Ole Holm Nielsen
Department of Physics, Technical University of Denmark,
Building 307, DK-2800 Kgs. Lyngby, Denmark