Failed to mount using Scyld

Donald Becker becker at scyld.com
Tue Oct 23 06:21:29 PDT 2001

On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, german kogan wrote:

> I am using Scyld for our Beowuld cluster. I got 10 slave nodes up fine.
> But then when I tried getting another one up I get error in the slave
> node's state. In its log file it gives this as a the reason "mount RPC:
> Unable to receive; errno = Connection refused Failed to mount
> 192.168.1.1:/home on /home." What does this mean and how can I correct
> this?

We recommend, but the system does not require, that /home be NFS mounted
on each slave.

It appears that the master, which the NFS server for /home/, is refusing
mount permission for slave 11.  There is nothing in the default
configuration that would cause this.  Look carefully at any changes you
have made to the configuration, such as limiting the IP address range
assigned to slave nodes.

Donald Becker				becker at scyld.com
Annapolis MD 21403			410-990-9993