Channel Bonding Question

Jared Hodge jared_hodge at iat.utexas.edu
Wed Nov 28 07:29:18 PST 2001

I was wondering if it is possible to link two ethernet NICs (channel
bonding, sort of) on our server to work together talking to a single
switch.  I've lately come to realize that most work with channel bonding
requires two entirely separate networks, but what I want to do is
connect the two NICs two the switch (Cisco Catalyst) and allow it to
effectively communicate with two of the nodes at full speed at the same
time.  I guess that this would be more along the lines of line trunking
or multi-link or some other networking scheme.  If anyone knows of any
links that describe how to do this, I would appreciate it.  Thanks.
--
Jared Hodge
Institute for Advanced Technology

Phone: 512-232-4460