32 bit vs 64 bit computer ?

Yoon Jae Ho yoon at bh.kyungpook.ac.kr
Thu Nov 22 23:22:35 PST 2001

I want to know the exact definition of the 32 bit computer (PC ) vs 64 bit computer.

and Why we can't make 128 bit computer for long time ?

I don't know how much(the maximum number) the 32 bit computer vs 64 bit makes exact calculation without error.

and With different architecture PCs - for example AMD, Intel, MAC cpu , Is it possible to communate the calculatiton results each other ?

and With same os - for example LINUX, Is it possble to make one beowulf Using Alpha(64 bit) & Intel(32 bit) Computers ?

I mean we can communicate the calculation results with each other( 32 bit vs 64 bit) during caluculation with same O.S ?

Thank you very much

Yoon Jae Ho
Economist
POSCO Research Institute

yoon at bh.kyungpook.ac.kr
jhyoon at mail.posri.re.kr
http://ie.korea.ac.kr/~supercom/  Korea Beowulf Supercomputer
http://members.ud.com/services/teams/team.htm?id=264C68D5-CB71-429F-923D-8614F419065D     Help the people with your PC

Imagination is more important than knowledge.  A. Einstein
http://www.kichun.co.kr   2001.1.6
http://www.c3tv.com    2001.1.10