SGE - Grid Engine Training at SC2001, November 12

Conrad Geiger - Sun Academic Region HPC Technologist Conrad.Geiger at Sun.COM
Thu Nov 8 10:17:01 PST 2001

For those that are attending SC2001, there is a free
Grid Engine (SGE) training session available for you.
If you are interested in this open source Beowulf job
management system and would like to attend, please email
me and show up at the Denver location and time listed below:

   Class: SGE (Grid Engine) training
   Date: Monday, November 12
   Time: 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
   Classroom location:  Colorado Ballroom F
             Marriott Hotel, 1701 California Street, Denver
               (near Denver Convention Center)

   AGENDA
   GRID ENGINE (SGE) TECHNICAL PRESENTATION:

         Sun Grid Engine (1 hour)
		 -- overview of concepts
		 -- installation options
		 -- architecture
                 -- information flow
                 -- scheduling
                 -- complexes and resource management
                 -- parallel and checkpointing

         Examples (30 minutes)
		 -- complexes
		 -- load sensor
                 -- license management
                 -- immediate vs. low priority jobs

         SGE/EE technology (15 minutes)
                 -- tickets
                 -- share tree, functional, deadline, override

         Grid Engine Integration with ClusterTools (20 minutes)

	 Grid Engine Open Source Project and API initiative
                          (20 minutes)

Conrad.Geiger at Sun.COM