a shell script to spawn mpi executables on the "free" nodes of a Scyld cluster

Florent Calvayrac Florent.Calvayrac at univ-lemans.fr
Fri Nov 2 01:24:15 PST 2001

> This script is just spawning jobs on the nodes that are using less cpu
> time, right?

yes... but you admit that until this release, the problem
was present and discussed here about two months ago.

 If you are using our latest release, -8, mpich
> automatically uses beomap to map which nodes the jobs go to, and
> beomap's default behavior is to automatically map the jobs to the nodes
> that have the lowest cpu usage.

I am glad to learn it, this had escaped my attention.

We are indeed using -7 release, since it takes
some time to come from linuxcentral to here on CD...
and since you are a commercial company and
only release on the FTP site (again from what I know) a large
bunch of source packages : I estimated that  the whole compilation
and installation time was too high and decided to keep
with -7 until the -8 is available on LinuxCentral.

--
Florent Calvayrac
Laboratoire de Physique de l'Etat Condense