make and cluster software

Chris Black cblack at eragen.com
Wed May 30 14:59:44 PDT 2001

On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 05:43:54PM -0400, Omri Schwarz wrote:
> You could also have makefiles that invoke
> OpenPBS.
>
> I have two perl script, pbsubmit and launch
> to do that (pbsubmit is a wrapper to qsub,
> and launch is a wrapper for jobs with
> dependecy relations):
>
> http://www.mit.edu/~ocschwar/pbsubmit
> http://www.mit.edu/~ocschwar/launch
> http://www.mit.edu/~ocschwar/launch.1 (man page)

Our makefiles currently invoke a qsub wrapper for PBS. This works
fine except that we are starting to have problems with PBS locking
up. I have been on the PBS mailing lists for awhile and have
tweaked some things that make it much better, but PBS just doesn't
seem to handle having thousands of jobs in its queue very well.

Chris