Intel is finally shipping the 64-bit Itanium

Greg Lindahl lindahl at conservativecomputer.com
Tue May 29 16:44:30 PDT 2001

On Sun, May 27, 2001 at 08:33:38PM -0400, Bob Drzyzgula wrote:

> Although there are several high-profile and many lower-profile instances of
> whole clusters being purchased and delivered on a single manifest, my
> impression is that the vast majority of Beowulf clusters continue to be
> built on an ad-hoc, piece-meal basis (am I wrong about this?).

Beats me: are you counting money, or number of clusters? If you're
counting the number of clusters, 2-3 machine clusters in people's
basements are probably a majority. If you're counting money, you might
be surprised, but there's no good way to get a total for either
category. I figure it's not worth arguing.

-- greg