Anyone could give me some advice other than changing cards ?

Jian Tao jtao at artsci.wustl.edu
Tue May 29 02:50:34 PDT 2001

We have two kinds of Linksys EtherFast 10/100 LAN Cards in out cluster.

Card 1 : EtherFast 10/100 LAN Card, Model No. LNE100TX, VERSION 4.1
Card 2 : EtherFast 10/100 LAN Card, Model No. LNE100TX, VERSION 2.0

Card 1 works very well and any node with Card 1 can be set up smoothly,

but nodes with Card 2 stop at some point when booting up.

(I switched cards in different nodes to make sure that the other parts in nodes are good)

Following is the log file

It seems that the node stoped when it was configuring loopback interface.

Anyone encountered this problem ?

How to deal with it other than changing card ? (:-<)

*/var/log/beowulf/node.2

node_up: Setting system clock.
mke2fs 1.18, 11-Nov-1999 for EXT2 FS 0.5b, 95/08/09
ext2fs_check_if_mountFilesystem label=
OS type: Linux
Block size=1024 (log=0)
Fragment size=1024 (log=0)
128 inodes, 1024 blocks
51 blocks (4.98%) reserved for the super user
First data block=1
1 block group
8192 blocks per group, 8192 fragments per group
128 inodes per group

Writing inode tables: 0/1^H^H^Hdone
Writing superblocks and filesystem accounting information: done
: No such file or directory while determining whether /dev/ram1 is mounted.^M
node_up: TODO set interface netmask.
node_up: Configuring loopback interface.

Yours,
Jian Tao
jtao at artsci.wustl.edu