RH7.1 - 3Com PCI 3c905C Tornado - Interrupt posted but not delivered -- IRQ blocked by another

Bogdan Costescu bogdan.costescu at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon May 28 02:45:10 PDT 2001

On Sat, 26 May 2001, Dan Fitzpatrick wrote:

> I have 2 identical 3Com network cards in a Compaq 6400R server.
> I just installed RedHat 7.1 (a clean install) and I'm getting an
> IRQ conflict on one of the network cards:
>
> Interrupt posted but not delivered -- IRQ blocked by another device?

This is an APIC error which seems to appear more often with 2.4 kernels.
It's not related to the network card, juts that the 3c59x driver
tests for this condition and prints this warning. Probably your best bet
is to boot with "noapic" kernel option.

Sincerely,

Bogdan Costescu

Telephone: +49 6221 54 8869, Telefax: +49 6221 54 8868