1U P4 Systems

alvin at Mail.Linux-Consulting.com alvin at Mail.Linux-Consulting.com
Mon May 21 15:23:26 PDT 2001

hi josip..
you are right in your concerns...

teh itty-bitty 40mm fans are barely enough to keep the
1U chassis cool....even for a P3....amd and p4 requires
lots more cooling capacity...

amd athlon/duran require 250W power supply ??...
Intel P3 system can get away with 150W power supply...

larger cases ( deeper ) does NOT provide any cooling
improvements... you have to move the air around... and
the problem is the atx connectors in the back prevents
air flow.... front to back...or side to side is okay too

all of this is in 1U cases...

we have lateral/squirl cage fans that we are considering
for our next generation P4 based 1U chassis ...

thanx
alvin
http://www.Linux-1U.net