MPI or PVM enabled jre?

Michael T. Prinkey mprinkey at aeolusresearch.com
Mon May 21 08:09:21 PDT 2001

I certainly wouldn't want to speak for the entire community, but I think
that most of us are just now crawling out of the FORTRAN days.  The next
step is to C, and not even to C++.  Experience has borne out the
performance advantages of "low-tech" languages like FORTRAN and C for
intense number crunching.  The performance of object-oriented languages
in general and Java in particular are suspect for the types of problems
that typically require high-performance parallel hardware.

Mike Prinkey
Aeolus Research, Inc.