MPI or PVM enabled jre?

Schilling, Richard RSchilling at affiliatedhealth.org
Mon May 21 09:44:00 PDT 2001

Actually if you look at the PVM web site you will see a version of PVM
written in Java.  Not sure if there is a version of Java for MPI.  Since the
focus with PVM and MPI is on message passing, it's relatively to implement
the same functionality in Java using simple sockets and datagrams.

What I have not seen yet is a Java Virtual Machine that runs as a
distributed application.  Now that would be interesting.

Richard Schilling
Web Integration Programmer/Webmaster
phone: 360.856.7129
fax: 360.856.7166