[Fwd: AMD-based Beowulf cluster]

Eugene.Leitl at lrz.uni-muenchen.de Eugene.Leitl at lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Fri May 18 17:14:17 PDT 2001

-------- Original Message --------
From: "Jerome Baudry" <jbaudry at ttpharma.com>
Subject: AMD-based Beowulf cluster
To: <Eugene.Leitl at lrz.uni-muenchen.de>

Hello,

I saw your post on the CCL:
----- you wrote  ------
If you have any decently sized athlon cluster, AMD is willing to get
pretty involved.  Several AMD guys came out to our location and we were
the smallest installation in that list (Calvin College, 18 nodes).

David
---------------------

We are planning for the design of our Beowulf cluster, and we are
considering AMD procs. What kind of support did you get from AMD ?
Technical, financial, development ? Where you happy with what they provided
(support-wise I mean)

Thanks very much in advance,
Sincerely
Jerome

Jerome Baudry, Ph.D.
Research Scientist, Computational Chemistry
TransTech Pharma, Inc.
4170 Mendenhall Oaks Pwky, Suite 110
High Point, NC, 27265
http://www.ttpharma.com