FY;) [Fwd: furbeowulf cluster]

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Wed May 16 13:57:12 PDT 2001

On Wed, 16 May 2001 Eugene.Leitl at lrz.uni-muenchen.de wrote:

> http://www.trygve.com/furbeowulf.html

God.  I could actually feel the brain cells dying while carefully
examining this site (possibly due to the beer I'm sucking down, possibly
not).  I can only conclude that it is part of some hienous plot to sap
the life-forces of geeks everywhere.

Thank heavens the Tamagachi didn't come with a networking interface --
if it fell into the hands of these fiends the result could end
civilization as we know it.

Can you just imagine the conversations?

"Oops.  A node just died."

"What, it broke?  Call the dealer."

"No, it died.  I got behind in feeding all the nodes today and it
starved to death.  Gotta pen?  I have to press the reset button and
start feeding the next one or I'll have a mass extinction event..."

    rgb

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb at phy.duke.edu