Booting from ATA100 Raid on an ABit KT7A-Raid Mobo

Stephen Johnston sjohnsto at eso.org
Wed May 9 01:23:47 PDT 2001

Hi All

I am installing a node, please see below the query I sent to redhat-managers
(actually we are using Suse 7.1 but that doesnt matter).

Simply the machine wont boot from the ATA100 Highpoint Raid after install, even
though its set in the BIOS of the mobo.  The installation proc seems to go ok,
but fails on the first boot.  If I restart the install, abort it and boot
manually from the device it works.  Then if I look into /etc there is no
lilo.conf!  The behaviour is the same regardless of using the highpoint to
mirror the 2 system disks or not to mirror but have flat.

I would be very grateful if anyone could guide me here.

TIA

Stephen.

--
Stephen Johnston (NGAST/Beowulf Project)           Phone: +49 89 32006563
European Southern Observatory                      Fax  : +49 89 32006380