Problem with slave nodes

David Vos dvos12 at calvin.edu
Mon May 7 17:45:42 PDT 2001

On Thu, 3 May 2001, Pascual Asensi wrote:

>     Hello.
>
>         I´m instaling Beowulf cluster (scyld distribution). The server work
> fine, but when I start slave nodes......
>

>             boot: Connecting to 192.168.0.100:1555 neighbour table overflow.

I have this message, and I don't know if it is an error.  I don't know of
any problems caused by it.  There was some discussion on "neighbor table
overflow" on this list awhile back, but I didn't figure out what it really
means.

>     In the second Monte fase
>
>         /proc/sys/kernel/read_root_dev
>          No such file or directory
>         VFS:Cannot open root device 03:01
>         Kernel panic: VFS:Unable to mount root fs on 03:01

This looks very similar to an error I had before.  I had to recompile the
kernel to include RAM Disk support.  This fixed it for me.  I didn't write
the error down, but this looks like what I had.