Athlon SDR/DDR stats for *specific* gaussian98 jobs

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Thu May 3 11:30:00 PDT 2001

On Thu, 3 May 2001, Josip Loncaric wrote:

> "Robert G. Brown" wrote:
> >
> > IIRC, somebody on the list (Josip Loncaric?) inserted prefetching into
> > at least parts of ATLAS for use with athlons back when they were first
> > released.  It apparently made a quite significant difference in
> > performance.

Sorry.  I did a google search and pulled up e.g.

  http://www.beowulf.org/listarchives/beowulf/1999/11/0008.html

It was Emil Briggs from NCSU who wrote BLAS 1 routines hand optimized in
assembler for the Athlon.  There is a web-drop for his efforts in this
article:

  http://nemo.physics.ncsu.edu/~briggs/blas_src_v0.11_tar.gz

which still seems to exist.  I don't know if there are more recent
versions or if this ever went anywhere further, but Emil would likely
know at:

 Emil Briggs <briggs at tick.physics.ncsu.edu>

as of 1999.

   rgb

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb at phy.duke.edu