Dual Athlon

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Tue Mar 13 03:50:16 PST 2001

On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, Mofeed Shahin wrote:

> So Robert, when are you going to let us know the results of the Dual Athlon ?
> :-)
>
> Mof.

They got my account setup yesterday, but for some reason I'm having a
hard time connecting via ssh (it's rejecting my password).  We've tried
both a password they sent me and an MD5 crypt I sent them. Very strange
-- I use OpenSSH routinely to connect all over the place so I'm
reasonably sure my client is OK.  Anyway, I expect it is something
trivial and that I'll get in sometime this morning.  I spent the time
yesterday that I couldn't get in profitably anyway packaging stream and
a benchmark sent to me by Thomas Guignol of the list up into make-ready
tarball/RPM's.  At the moment my list looks something like:

stream
guignol
cpu-rate
lmbench (ass'td)
LAM/MPI plus two benchmarks (Josip and Doug each suggested one)
EPCC OpenMP microbenchmarks (probably with PGI)
possibly some fft timings (Martin Seigert)

in roughly that order, depending on how much time I get and how well
things go.  I'm going to TRY to build a page with all the tests I used
in tarball/rpm form, results, and commentary.

   rgb

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb at phy.duke.edu