Beowulf digest, Vol 1 #315 - 9 msgs

Andreas Boklund andreas at amy.udd.htu.se
Mon Mar 12 11:48:47 PST 2001

Spam and fun!

Well someone should teach that guy how to write a proper filter before
they give him the possibility to create this kind of spam. I actually used
to use the "auto on vecation reply" mails as an example of very poor
judegement when i was teaching out personell how to use their (new)email
clients.
It took 3 days before one of my collegues (head of computer security)
accidentify "forwarded, doubled and looped back" all mail that was
recieved by the postmaster account and created 400 000 (approx) mails in
one night :)

I have already started to filter him out so i hope he wont send enything
usefull to this list in the future :(

//Andreas

> > On Mon, 12 Mar 2001 sam at venturatech.com wrote:
> >
> > > Thank you for your email.  I'll be out of the office on 03/09 and 03/12 with no access to email.  If you need a response today
> > > please send an email to Daryl Newton at - daryl at venturatech.com or call him at 760-597-9800 X10.
> > >
> > > Thank you for your continued business.
> > >
> > > Sam Lewis

*   Administator of Amy and Sfinx(Iris23)               *
*   Voice: 070-7294401                                  *
*   ICQ: 12030399                                       *
*   Email: andreas at shtu.htu.se, boklund at linux.nu        *
*   That is how you find me, How do -I- find you ?      *