Scyld and resolv library

Daniel Ridge newt at scyld.com
Thu Mar 8 08:41:00 PST 2001

On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Jag wrote:

> On Thu, 08 Mar 2001, Carlos J. García Orellana wrote:

> > Hello, > > I'm trying to start DNS resolver in nodes. > I've created
> a hosts, host.conf and resolv.conf files in nodes, but, DNS > doesn't
> work. > > Not even, names in hosts file can be resolutes.

<SNIP>

Jag's discussion about local name service on Scyld was exactly right.

If you wish to create a permanently different nsswitch.conf, edit
/usr/lib/beoboot/bin/node_up to generate the contents that you want.

I believe this also means that the DNS resolver library has to be
installed in /lib on each node (as the NSS libraries are usually linked
in by dlopen() rather than by the dynamic linker).

Regards,
	Dan Ridge
	Scyld Computing Corporation