Next Scyld Release

Donald Becker becker at scyld.com
Wed Jul 18 10:05:26 PDT 2001

On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, Andrew Shewmaker wrote:

> What features does BBQ (great name!) have compared to PBSpro?

BBQ is a basic queuing system, without the site-wide scheduling and
other sophisticated features found in PBSPro.

We wanted to provide an easy to use queue for users that just need a few
jobs to occur sequentially.  We continue to recommend PBSPro for
commercial use.

Easy test: If you already know that you need a site-wide
scheduling/queueing system, you probably want PBSPro.

And yes, BBQ is a great name ;->

Donald Becker				becker at scyld.com
Annapolis MD 21403			410-990-9993