AMD 760, ECC and DDR memory?

Donald B. Kinghorn kinghorn at pqs-chem.com
Thu Jan 18 08:30:17 PST 2001

Hi all,
With the recent (interesting) discussion about bit errors and ECC memory
and it's obvious importance for long running jobs on large clusters, it
got me wondering ....

My guess is that the next hot hardware for clusters will be dual athlon
[palomino] cpu's on the 760 chipset using DDR memory ....

Does anyone have any info about ECC and this hardware?

I suppose it will depend on the manufactures but I don't remember seeing
anything about ECC support in any of the press releases ...

-Don