D-Link switch and ecc-memory.

Brian Haymore brian at hrunting.chpc.utah.edu
Mon Jan 15 18:32:12 PST 2001

The 750 AMD Chipset supports ECC, but the KX-133 and the KT-133 do not.  I
have had experienced extra problems having ECC Memory in early KX-133
boards as that Chipset was supposed to support ECC and most early boards
had ECC options in the bios.  Due to some issue in the chipset latter bios
updates removed the ECC option and most KX-133 boards are no longer listed
as supporting ECC.  I believe the KT-133 still has the same problem and
that is why we do not see support for ECC on board with that chipset.