Questions and Sanity Check

Brian Marsden marsden at scripps.edu
Mon Feb 26 15:14:14 PST 2001

On 26 Feb 2001, Ray Jones wrote:

[large snip]

> Does anyone have any comments on the Racksaver RS-1200 compute node,
> in the 2-Athlon in 1U configuration (or even the 2-pentium in 1U
> config)?  We like the node we have for testing, but wonder what life
> with 64 of them will be like.

I have experience of Racksaver boxes - 6P2U Intel and 4P1U Intel. Rock
solid once the initial gremlins are dealt with (dodgy processors/hard
drives/RAM). I believe that that the University of Delaware are happy with
their Athlon cluster from this company.

Brian

 Brian Marsden        			  Email: marsden at scripps.edu
 TSRI, San Diego, USA.  Phone: +1 858 784 8698  Fax: +1 858 784 8299