WinNT/Linux hybrids?

Phillip D. Matz matz at wsunix.wsu.edu
Mon Feb 26 12:59:11 PST 2001

Hello Jim,

> Your headless nodes, are they also diskless?  Or, do you have a disk on
each
> node, from which Linux boots, etc.?

Yes, the headless nodes have disks for booting linux and they contain the
executables for the parallel code they run.

> WinNT box serve as the NFS (or whatever) server, and also handle the boot

My systems are not setup to do this (no NFS) but it is certainly an
interesting proposition.  Can linux mount a partition, through an ethernet,
that exists on a WinNT box and vice versa?  Personally I would find this to
be a very handy option if it can be done.

Respectfully,

Phil