2U or 3U rackmount cases for Pentium 4

Joel Jaeggli joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Thu Feb 22 09:43:18 PST 2001

the enlight EN-83099C4A1 which is an atx sized 2x300 watt psu has about
every atx/swtx related connector I've ever seen. I've used it with the
connector you're refering to on a supermicro 370de6 with 2x1ghz
coppermines...

enlight makes a range of 3 4 and 5u cases that that power supply with fit
in all of those are relativly inexpensive, (the 5u rackmount with the
powersupply cost us around $450)...

you might also turn to supermicro... the sc840 and sc860 rackmount chassis
are provided with power supplies that will meet you needs, although the
last time I priced those they were kinda outa my market...

joelja

On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, Drew Hess wrote:

> Sorry, this is slightly off-topic, but I don't know
> where else to turn.
>
> I'm building a small Pentium 4 cluster.  Does anyone
> know of a vendor who sells 2U or 3U rackmount cases
> with 300W+ power supplies suitable for Pentium 4
> motherboards?  P4 mboards have an "ATX12V" 4-pin
> square power connector which delivers +12V directly to
> the mboard in addition to the standard 20-pin ATXPWR
> connector.  This is not the same connector as the 12V
> flat 4-pin connector used to power hard drives and the

it's a 4 pin molex connector, looks like one of the old at power
connectors.