Beowulf digest, Vol 1 #279 - 12 msgs

pbn2au pbn2au at qwest.net
Tue Feb 20 17:14:33 PST 2001

Hello,

    Just a question, a thought that came up during the shelves discussion. Does any body  have a
web site or other information that would provide me a guess at how many, and what kinds of
motherboards I could connect to a single 250W power supply?

   For instance: A super micro P5STE Running a P 200, 1 floppy drive, a fan and a nic card. Also
figure for 64, 128, and 256 meg ram..

    Power is not cheap but I am! The configuration sets in an old rack mount , and has 8 fans to
cool it. Stop laughing and think about it.

Dave