My jaw has hit the floor...

Tom Morris Tom.Morris at api-networks.com
Thu Feb 15 10:19:23 PST 2001

On Thursday, February 15, 2001 12:18 PM, Greg Lindahl
[SMTP:lindahl at conservativecomputer.com] wrote:

> The initial LDT runs at 6.4 gigabits per second, or only 800 megabytes
> per second. That means it's not fast enough to run the memory

Actually our initial implementations are 1 Gb/s per pin (500 MHz DDR)
and 8 bits wide in each direction.  I usually call that 1 GB/s, but if you
count the way the RapidIO and Infiniband folks do, it would be 2 GB/s.

The link is scalable in both frequency and width giving an aggregate
bandwidth of 12+ GB/s at 800 MHz by 32 bits wide.

You can find more info on LDT/Hyper... on our web site at:

	http://www.api-networks.com/silicon/index.shtml

Tom