Microsoft Releases Computational Cluster Technical Preview Toolkit

John Casu casuj at valinux.com
Tue Feb 13 23:01:50 PST 2001

> Matt Links wrote:
>
> > I don't know about the rest of you but this makes me laugh.
>
> But business critters will buy into it.
>
> The PR machine is still working fine, for how long, I wonder.

There is one relevant advantage that Windows has over Linux, namely the
code generation quality of VC++ 6.0/VTune(Proton) vs. GCC/PGI for pentium III and beyond.

While development will probably be painful, it's very possible that your app
will run significantly faster under a windows cluster, than under a Linux cluster.

john c.

--
"Chance favours the prepared mind"  -- Louis Pasteur.