diskless nodes? (was Re: Xbox clusters?)

Velocet math at velocet.ca
Wed Dec 5 21:13:49 PST 2001

On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 12:00:20AM -0500, Stepan Kruglikov's all...
> Hello,
>
> Good question. Could you briefly describe how one configures swap over the
> network in Scyld?

Im not quite sure what scyld is exactly yet. People talk about it so
often I spose I should bone up.

Is it a full os or somethign? I'd suspect if its just a cluster management
suite that you do regular old linux/unix stuff and whatever specific setup
for swapping over the network is required.

Im only familiar with FreeBSD's efforts on that however, and that seems
to be a relatively uncommon cluster platform here (for no good reason! :)

/kc

Ken Chase, math at velocet.ca  *  Velocet Communications Inc.  *  Toronto, CANADA