trouble : libbproc.so.1

Sean Dilda agrajag at scyld.com
Fri Aug 24 07:16:40 PDT 2001

On Fri, 24 Aug 2001, ilker ARABACI wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I installed scyled cdrom, but kernel cant load or remove any module , so
> ethernet interfaces doesnt work, The problem is
>
> lsmod: error in loading shared librarises : libbproc.so.1: No such file or
> directory :

Sounds like you made /usr its own filesystem.   You'll want to:
cp /usr/lib/libbrpoc.so.1* /lib
rm /usr/lib/libbproc.so
ln -s /lib/libbproc.so.1 /usr/lib/libbproc.so

The problem is that modprobe knows about about BProc stuff, so it
requires the BProc library.  If you have /usr as a seperate filesystem,
init will try to use modprobe before mounting /usr, so modprobe will
fail because it doesn't have the bproc library, so the bproc library
needs to be in /lib.   The bproc packages in -8 fix this problem.