MPICH problem

Gabriel J. Weinstock gabriel.weinstock at dnamerican.com
Wed Aug 22 10:56:29 PDT 2001

  I'm having a problem running programs on our cluster using MPICH. When I
execute `mpirun -np 5 cpi' (the test program included with the distribution)
I get the error:

p0_7030:  p4_error: Timeout in making connection to remote process on
x.x.com: 0
bm_list_7031: p4_error: interrupt SIGINT: 2
rm_1532:  p4_error: interrupt SIGINT: 2

  The `tstmachines' program runs fine. We are running a cluster of Linux
boxes (RedHat v7.1.) I searched through all the documentation and wasn't able
to find even a reference to this problem. Any help would be greatly
appreciated,
Thanks,
Gabriel