mpich 'make testing'

Nicholas York nick at damnable.com
Mon Aug 6 13:27:58 PDT 2001

I've compiled mpich-1.2.1 with the Portland Group compiler and I'm getting the error below.  I had installed NPB and had been testing it (works fine with 1 process) and had been getting the same problem when I ran any test with multiple processes, so I went back and started testing my mpich installation and found this problem.  I've seen a few people reporting problems with casting integers when compiling this with GNU cc, but no specific fixes to the problem.

Help? :)

[nyork at bp1 test]$ make testing
(cd pt2pt ; ./runtests  -check )
Failed to run simple program!
Output from run attempt was
*** Testing Unexpected messages ***
p1_13490:  p4_error: socket_recv_on_fd: invalid data type %d
: 256
rm_l_1_13491:  p4_error: interrupt SIGINT: 2
bm_list_13487:  p4_error: net_recv read:  probable EOF on socket: 1
*** Testing Unexpected messages ***
mpirun program was /home/nyork/mpich-1.2.1/bin/mpirun
make: *** [runtest] Error 1

Thanks!

--Nick