Rack mount cases needed

Diego Julian Remolina dijuremo at math.gatech.edu
Sat Aug 4 13:32:57 PDT 2001

Hello people,

We are trying to get the parts to build our cluster. The configuration we would like per node is:
1 Tyan Thunder K7 (S2462) With SCSI
2 Athlon MP 1.2 Ghz (Maybe 1.4 Ghz by the time we order depending on price)
4 Corsair RAM 256 MB ECC Registered DDR RAM Modules to add up to 1 GB Total RAM.
1 20 GB ATA100 HDD (with the possibility to expand to SCSI later on if needed)

We are planning to start with 12 to 16 nodes.

I have not been able to find 1U or 2U rack mountable cases from different places, so I would like to know if anybody has any suggestions.  The main problem with the cases is that we need the "FAMOUS" 460 watts power supply required by the Tyan motherboard.  The only place I found that has such cases is www.einux.com, but they ask $700 to $900 depending if the case has hot swappable drives or not.

I really need to get started on ordering the parts so I will be very thankful with any clue you may give me.

Thank you,

Diego Remolina