Boot from floppy?

alvin at Maggie.Linux-Consulting.com alvin at Maggie.Linux-Consulting.com
Fri Aug 3 13:47:40 PDT 2001

hi ya

to make a bootable floppy is lota work if ya havent done it before
( need to strip things down to get it to fit into floppy )

- if the cdrom is non-bootable .. you cant make a boot floppy from it

- a boot floppy contains the kernel and minimum binaries to continue
  to find and boot off of the root fs

- couple days work to get it running...or a months to tweek it
  to get it purring like a kitty

- look at tomsrtbt single floppy boot for starters...
	- replace that kernel with your kernel w/ nic and cdrom support
	and your done ... ( couple days work )

	- otherwise...there's linuxcare's bbc, yard, dozens of others

have fun booting
alvin
http://www.Linux-1U.net