What do you guys thing about the P4

Phillip D. Matz matz at wsunix.wsu.edu
Fri Apr 13 10:24:48 PDT 2001

Hi,

> especially with a compiler that can use the SSE side
> of the microprocessor.

Which brings up another question.  My current impression was that SSE/SSE2
is only single-precision while G98 (and probably most computational
chemistry programs) requires double-precision -> if this is correct then SSE
doesn't help, rather, it invalidates ones G98 results.  Would anyone care to
set me straight?

Thanks,

Phillip Matz
matz at wsunix.wsu.edu