Version of gmake for clusters...

Carpenter, Dean Dean.Carpenter at pharma.com
Wed Apr 11 13:08:05 PDT 2001

Looks like the ANTS load balancing system will do that.

http://unthought.net/antsd/

make clean ; make dep ; time make -j16
real    1m34.156s
user    0m29.120s
sys     0m10.640s

1.5 minutes for a full 2.4.2 kernel compilation - that's not too bad :-) The
above was run on a cluster consisting of
3 x 433 MHz Celron
1 x Dual 350 MHz PII
1 x Dual 550 MHz PIII
1 x Dual 500 MHz PIII Xeon