Node cloning

Richard C Ferri rcferri at us.ibm.com
Wed Apr 4 10:19:38 PDT 2001

Luca,
     There are two good solutions that I am aware of to clone nodes in a
beowulf cluster.   If all your nodes are basically identical (except for IP
information, and the size of the harddrive) you should look at
Systemimager, an open source project sponsored by VA Linux:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/systemimager/           If your nodes
differ significantly, look at LUI, an open source project sponsored by IBM,
at http://oss.software.ibm.com/lui        There are mailing lists
associated with both projects  to help you in your time of need... Rich

Richard Ferri
IBM Linux Technology Center
rcferri at us.ibm.com
845.433.7920