2Gb Fibre channel ICS

Patrick Geoffray patrick at myri.com
Tue Apr 3 19:22:05 PDT 2001

Hi Brian,

"B.G. Bruce" wrote:

> running over myrinet ?that had a FC backend, however we may look at
Myrinet has not FC backend (but the sentence is confusing so it may not
be your meaning).

If you only want disk I/O, Myrinet+NFS has no (not yet) advantages
compare to FC 2Gb, except maybe the price.
If you run VIA aware database, it's questionnable as an official VIA
interface for Myrinet will be released soon.

I was unable to find a price estimation for the SANbox2 switch but I
would say the FC 2Gb solution is very expensive and the most important
parameter would be the price.

Hope it helps.

Regards.

--
Patrick Geoffray

|      Myricom Inc       |  University of Tennessee - CS Dept |
| 325 N Santa Anita Ave. |   Suite 203, 1122 Volunteer Blvd.  |
|   Arcadia, CA 91006    |      Knoxville, TN 37996-3450      |
|     (626) 821-5555     |      Tel/Fax : (865) 974-0482      |