VASP performance on Beowulf

William Macfarlane bmacfarl at bcpl.net
Tue Sep 26 11:26:18 PDT 2000

	I am working with a group at University of Maryland, Baltimore
County, and we are thinking of putting together a Beowulf, mainly for
running VASP, but we'll also probably do some Monte Carlo on it.  Anyway,
I was wondering if anyone else had already done the benchmarking of VASP
and could give me some suggestions as to where bottlenecks are and what
sort of hardware gives a good price/performance ratio for vasp.  If not,
and I can't be lazy I'll share the results of any benchmarking I end up
doing with anyone who's interested.
Thanks,
William Macfarlane
bmacfarl at bcpl.net