Beowulf Clusters Book

Daniel Ridge newt at scyld.com
Mon Sep 25 15:15:48 PDT 2000

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000, Schilling, Richard wrote:

> Well, this is very timely.  I'm putting together the initial chapters for a
> book on Beowulf technology, and would be very happy to compile a laundry
> list of things people would like to see in it.  Please send your wish lists
> for a Beowulf book directly to my e-mail address:
>
> rschilling at affiliatedhealth.org

I'd like to see a discussion of Beowulf version 2. We're going to press
now with the distribution CD for Beowulf v.2 with BProc -- and from the
administrator's perspective it renders obsolete a lot of the traditional
(and tedious) Beowulf management tasks.

The downside (from an author's perspective) may be that the book suddenly
becomes harder to fill out...

If you would like to get an advance copy of our "Preview" distribution,
I'll try to arrange this.

Cheers,
	Dan Ridge
	Scyld Computing Corporation