Using 2 NICS?

Robert Ross rross at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Oct 25 12:01:02 PDT 2000

Karl,

Is this behavior happening for both directions of traffic, or just one?
In other words, is outgoing traffic going out of only one interface, is
incoming traffic coming into only one interface, or are both of these
happening?

You can use tcpdump to discover this, as well as looking at the xmit and
receive counts from ifconfig.

I would look at your routing tables as well, both on the local machine and
on the clients.  And your arp tables to see if the problem is at that
level.

It sounds like a routing table issue.  You might want to put routes in to
explicitly use a specific eth device for certain clients.

Rob