gcc and alphalinux

Tenhave, Tim Tim.Tenhave at compaq.com
Thu May 25 13:36:00 PDT 2000

Hi John,

I am a Compaq employee and don't want to muddy this very valid question.  I
believe both operating systems have their rightful place in parallel
computing.  It really depends on the problem you want to solve and the
application you use (or build) to solve it.  There is more to solving a
problem than just the compiler.  Issues around other services,
interconnects, resource management also may dictate one OS over the other.

Note: I have heard very good news in general with the CPQ Linux ccc
compiler.

Can someone (outside CPQ) please respond...Greg, are you out there?

Tim