FAQ updates

Kragen Sitaker kragen at pobox.com
Wed May 17 15:13:29 PDT 2000

The content of the FAQ still hasn't been updated, despite a huge file
of quotes from the mailing list (which, due to my negligence, has not
received most of the quotes it should have received); however,
dwight at supercomputer.org has generously made an HTML version, presently
at http://www.pobox.com/~kragen/beowulf-faq.html and
http://www.supercomputer.org:8080/FAQ/beowulf-faq.html.

The plain-text version is still available at
http://www.pobox.com/~kragen/beowulf-faq.txt and mirrored at
http://www.supercomputer.org:8080/FAQ/beowulf-faq.txt.

Someone had generously offered to convert it to SGML previously; I'm
thinking that's an excellent idea, but I haven't done it yet myself (or
interacted with them recently, and I can't remember what they were
waiting on).  I'm slightly more enthusiastic about XML than SGML.

I'd like to apologize for leaving the FAQ unupdated so long.  I can't
tell whether it's worked; the volume of the Beowulf list has not
decreased --- rather the contrary --- but the questions only rarely
seem to be covered in the FAQ.  I'm not sure whether this is because
the FAQ has poor coverage or because people's questions are different
now.

Parts of it are definitely stale.  I have big piles of updates to merge
in.  Worse, there are big piles of posts I should have saved to merge
in, but haven't.

I still intend to work on it!

--
<kragen at pobox.com>       Kragen Sitaker     <http://www.pobox.com/~kragen/>
The Internet stock bubble didn't burst on 1999-11-08.  Hurrah!